South Eastern Kenya University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position in the Finance, Planning and Development Division:
MAINTENANCE FOREMAN - GRADE AB - SEKU/AD/03/17 (3 POSTS)
- Duties and Responsibilities
The holder of this position will peform the following duties:
- Checking and setting out dimensions;
- Supervising on-site tests and keeping records;
- Carrying out on-site inspections;
- Monitoring the progress of building operations;
- Compiling on-site records of activities, conditions and resources;
- Compiling project diaries;
- Reporting problems and queries to the Architect, undertaking the trouble shooting role; including investigation of defects and organisation and direction of remedial works;
- Issuing site directions to contractors as appropriate;
- Assisting the Quantity Surveyor in the recording of measurements;
- Attending and contributing to design team and site meetings;
- Preparing schedules of outstanding work/schedules of defects
- Monitoring days’ works.
- Carrying out such other duties related to building operations as may be assigned from time to time;
- Ensuring that projects are completed to standards, specifications and schedule.
Applicants for this position must:
- have an Ordinary Diploma in Construction Management/Building/Civil Engineering;
- be full members of a professional body in Construction Management or its equivalent;
- be computer literate;
- have served for a minimum of three years at a senior position in the construction department of a large organization (preferably in the public sector);
- be familiar with project contract documents and health and safety legislation;
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be result oriented, team builder and a person of high integrity.
Interested candidates must demonstrate how their past experiences would enable them to discharge duties and responsibilities that go with this post. Confidential assessment of the applicants’ suitability for the post should be sent by three (3) referees directly to the undersigned.
Applications, in ten (10) copies, should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200,
So as to be received on or before Tuesday 5th September, 2017.
SEKU is an equal opportunity employer